Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 13, 2018 at 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxieDoxie View Post
Because we have different parts that come forward depending on what triggers them. Sometimes my child parts are in the drivers seat and I want my T as a father and sometimes my teenage/ early adult part have taken over, who learned from a young age that if a man did something nice for me that I repaid them with sex, and then there is my adult self that finds him intellectually stimulating and that triggers my libido.

I flip all over the place day to day.

Yes, it's different parts looking for something different. Plus according to...Freud I think? There's a point in early childhood development when we're in love with one (or maybe both?) of our parents. For me, too, I think with ex-marriage counselor, I kept thinking how I wanted him to hold me. So it's like, to my adult brain, "Oh, that must mean I'm attracted to him and want him romantically and/or sexually." When "I want him to hold me" could have just as easily been coming from a child part. It's very confusing, I agree (I had both paternal and erotic transference for my former marriage counselor).
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote