View Single Post
idiopath

Member Since May 2018
Default Sep 14, 2018 at 05:14 PM

I completed the Neurostar treatment 7 months ago. I had the machine that uses a coil shaped like the number 8. That is the less deep kind. The machine that uses an H shaped coil is the deeper type of TMS. Also they can do TMS on either the left side or right side (sometimes both). For me they did the left side.

The Johns Hopkins University Hospital in Baltimore does a lot of TMS and uses both types of coils. I asked the head of the unit how they decide which to use. He said that docs do it both ways and sometimes they just choose one. Some docs do the left side if depression is the main thing and the right side if anxiety is the main symptom.

I did my TMS at a center close to my house and they used the Neurostar equipment. The change was subtle but large. And it kept getting better for a few weeks after I finished my last treatment. I was able to completely discontinue Lexapro and Abilify. And I was able to cut by 50% my dose of Remeron. I also cut by 20% my dose of Xanax. I did not cut my dose of Provigil or Buspar. Also I definitely feel better now. I have no depression but still have some anxiety. But less anxiety.

The stats I have seen for TMS for depression in a few sources are that 70% are responders and 50% are remitters. And in one source that 68% are responders. So far I have not needed any booster treatments.
idiopath is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Werewoman

Thanks for this!
boomerango, Werewoman