View Single Post
Anonymous48690

Default Sep 17, 2018 at 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikobird View Post
I was wondering if anyone has Depersonalization where things look unreal and you feel like you're outside your body. It starts with an ongoing and severe anxiety and worrying. I've had it since 14 and I was always full of anxiety.
Anxiety and stress is a huge trigger for us....and also when a part momentarily takes over (just because they do). I practice grounding techniques which I guess sounds like relaxing and focusing techniques to quell the anxiety it’s self, like controlled breathing, distraction, focusing on an object noting details going into my little bubble until I calm a bit.

It seems the more prominent the dp/dr feeling is, the more anxious I become as if it is self feeding. Hmm, never thought of it that way.

Anyhow, I believe that you can learn to control your anxiety to a point by talking yourself down and using grounding techniques.

Have you a therapist? If not....they can help teach you techniques or help find out why you get anxious. GP’s or Pdoc’s can prescribe medication to keep one calm.

Good luck, gotta go.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky