View Single Post
TML8277

Member Since Sep 2018
6 hugs
given
Default Sep 17, 2018 at 05:29 PM

Oh my... reading your story is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much like mine own. The biggest difference being that while you've helped him take care of so much, I've stubbornly put my foot down. I think I've gone overboard with the boundaries as I grew up with an alcoholic mother....

First of all, I'm SOOOO sorry you are going through this. No one should ever have to face this. It's so hurtful. It's so lonely and NOBODY understands. You feel weak, even when you know that everyone else would have walked away. Weakness isn't staying... The hardest thing to do is stay and be there for the one we love when every bone in our body says "here is your out. You have reason. Just go!!!" But you don't. Because of COMPASSION! You have it coming out of your ears, and that's GREAT!!!

I wish I could say I have no clue what you are talking about... My husband literally lives in the garage/car, doesn't eat, doesn't purposely sleep, doesn't function while I take care of everything to include our two children. He blames me. He self medicates and the only time he comes in is to sober up and then he's just miserable and grouchy.

message me anytime!!! I think we may be able to help each other!!!
TML8277 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote