Community Support Team
Chat Leader

DocJohn is staying warm indoors!

20 yr Member
172 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Talking Sep 18, 2018 at 06:47 AM

Back at the HealtheVoices 2018 conference earlier this year, we did a live audience taping of our popular Psych Central Show podcast. You can listen to it here:

Part 1: Podcast: Finding Strength & Unity in Our Differences
Part 2: Podcast: Diverse Diseases, Allied Advocates

This was a wonderful success! So we decided to do it again, this time in my hometown of Boston on Oct. 17, 2018 in conjunction with the 2nd annual conference of the Society for Participatory Medicine (of which I'm a founding board member). Learn more about the conference here:

Event: 2nd Annual Conference: Democratizing Healthcare | Society for Participatory Medicine

Along with co-host Gabe Howard, he and I will be talking to a panel of e-patients about their mental health stories, with an emphasis on the importance of mental health even while going through a physical disease or condition. And of course recording live! for a future Psych Central podcast.

If you're local to the greater Boston area and would like to attend this one-day conference, I'd be happy to help make that happen at no cost for our members (a $150 value for non SPM members/$100 value for SPM members). This is a limited-time offer, first-come, first-served.

To take advantage of this, please PM me to confirm your interest in attending the conference. I'd also encourage you to join the Society (special $25 dues price through the end of Oct.) if you're not already a member.

Memberships | Society for Participatory Medicine

What is participatory medicine?

What is Participatory Medicine? | Society for Participatory Medicine

Hope to see you there!!

Best,
DocJohn

Thanks for this!
88Butterfly88, mote.of.soul, Taylor27, Travelinglady