View Single Post
UpDownAround
Magnate

Member Since Jul 2017
493 hugs
given
Default Sep 19, 2018 at 06:09 AM

I weighed 157 pounds this morning. I was looking at the past few days late last night and almost followed up my last post; the math just isn't there for the perceived gain to 160. I was using 1600 as my base on those days and that is a small deficit, so days i was over the surplus wasn't as large as the overage and days I wasn't over I was chipping away at it. The last few days I have had the base set at 1500 to try to chip away faster and I have stayed close to goal. Anyway, crunching all of that, the potential gain from my high calorie days is somewhere between a half pound and a pound.

I found another post in the thread on elliptical that threw me for a loop. there is a MET calculation for it that comes out significantly ( as in 40%) lower than the machine reports. It calculates a little over 300 for what the machine reported as over 500 and I logged as 350. I will probably be cutting back the cardio to half an hour with higher intensity and doing more strength training soon (meeting with trainer to design program on Friday) and just start using the mfp strength training entry for 211 per hour.

Still hope to paddle this afternoon. I have my gym bag in the car also in case it gets stormy this afternoon.

|And in the end it's only round and round
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|bipolar II, substance use disorder, ADD
|lamictal, straterra
|