View Single Post
Anonymous55879
Anonymous55879 has no updates. Edit

Default Sep 20, 2018 at 01:15 PM

I assume she is now 18; otherwise, you would/should have more ability to control the situation.

Unfortunately, unless you have proof that she could harm herself or others--there is nothing you can do. I am so sorry and know somewhat about how this feels. I am in situation were a suspect something about one of my children but do not want to go into the particulars in case I am wrong and because, when we are young, sometimes we make mistakes but then grow up/change. For instance, in college, I drank too much at some parties but now I don't even drink, never drank when my children were very young, etc. Though I do know you are describing a situation that is potentially much more serious. I am sorry you are hurting so much about it. Are you seeing a therapist or have a family member or friend you can discuss this with? There are some things that are best discussed in private or through private emails so if you do not have someone/are isolated, you may want to find someone to talk to because, in my experience, I have found it helpful to talk about myself/mental issues/etc on this forum but have mixed feelings in regards to talking on here about others. I can relate to crying about my children and wanting to fix things for them. I have guilt/wonder a lot to myself if I fixed/did too much for them when they were children. For me, this may just be my mental illness making me worry about things I should not be worrying about. I don't know. I am a person who second guesses myself and lies awake at night racked with guilt sometimes. Maybe it is just my genetics/a chemical imbalance. I try not to worry as much about why things are the way the are but instead am ready to help when asked. We cannot help people who do not want to change/be helped. Hugs.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote