View Single Post
Creative1onder
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2012
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 22, 2018 at 09:17 AM

It's been a while since I used this site. I have become more interested in the arts, I love to sing and am currently working on a play related to identity, self-image. I organised a small arts mental health event in the spring which was an achievement. I want to do more combining arts and mental health. Singing is a big passion too and also starting own vocal group.
I have a lot of creative skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItGoesOn View Post
I think what helped me the most was a combination of things. I'm not sure if the supplements actually helped or not but antidepressants sure didn't so if anything it could have been a placebo affect. For me it was really admitting I had a problem I saw a therapist and told her about how worthless I felt, about my anxieties, and about the hopelessness that comes with depression. This helped me because I tend to bottle up my emotions which truly does make things worse. The big thing was realizing what my problems were and how to face them head on. It was about believing in myself finding my own self worth and knowing everyday no matter the situation what I did and did not deserve and always reminding myself of the positive. One thing I did was make a list of things I'm thankful for on a good day and why I am thankful for those things and then when I was having a rough time I could read them and remember some of the things that made life worthwhile for me and I would really suggest this one! If you do not try anything else I suggest I would defiantly do this one! I also had a strong support system. When I came home from college in the summer I had my best friend and dad who both had suffered through similar circumstances which was a really nice reminder of not being alone, my family, my friends. They're job wasn't just to cheer me up when I was down though it was also to remind me on some bad days to suck it up and move on and to quit sitting and wallowing in my pain because that is NOT living. I really needed this sometimes and it was a great help to me to have people who cared enough to tell me the truth. I hope this helped please feel free to private message me if you ever need anything I would love to spread some of my ideas that have helped me on to others who are suffering! God Bless you and don't forget that!!!
Creative1onder is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote