Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,677 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 22, 2018 at 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Paper Heart View Post
I've had anger issues my entire life so I understand.

The only success I've ever had (for the most part) is to listen to oldies music -- it's so peppy that it's hard to stay angry with that music blasting. I'm talking about Fats Domino, Chubby Checker, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, The Chiffons, and others from the 40's, 50's, and 60's. I have a hard time staying angry when I hear the Andrews Sisters' "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy." For some reason, this type of music is calming to me,even though I usually prefer music you'd commonly find on the radio today.

I managed to find an inflatable punching bag for adults. I'm struggling with setting it up (I spent half an hour blowing it up only to find that I was supposed to put water in the base -- to weight it down and keep it from flying everywhere -- *before* blowing it up. I was NOT a happy camper when I realized it.) But in theory, taking my anger out on a punching bag will allow me to take out my anger safely and provide a source of exercise. I'll be able to punch the bag again and again until I wear myself out.
I will have to try out listening to music. i hear you on the punching bag that re reason my niece took out my punching bag because she disapprove of the water.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote