View Single Post
BoBoPeeps
BoBoPeeps has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Sep 23, 2018 at 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSDCure View Post

I thought i would be disabled for the rest of my life. I am naturally a very driven person, so i searched online for months trying to find a way to put my mind back together. This is when i found Neurofeedback. It has saved my life. I have been doing neurofeedback for 4 months and I never get panic attacks, I got my social life back, I go out with friends, I am not afraid in a room full of people, i am starting a new job, i am not having any more nightmares, my ibs is much better under control. I never have suicidal thoughts anymore and i am truly happy again. So if you are struggling from PTSD/anxiety/depression/addictions/add/adhd/memory issues, please look into Neurofeedback.
I tried Neurofeedback - but it actually ended up triggering me. I always feel vulnerable going to someone new for any kind of treatment. Lack of communication is a trigger for me, and also not being able to do something right is a trigger for me. Well, I was really confused about how I was supposed to "perform" the neurofeedback, for lack of a better term. When I went to the neurofeedback sessions, depending on who was running it, they would give me conflicting info on what I was supposed to do. At one point I was told to envision myself doing something that was a trigger for me, but that I was doing it with ease. This caused me to be more stressed. They also had me sitting in a chair with my back towards the door and I couldn't tell if someone was entering the room - not a great set up for someone with PTSD. Sometimes there would noises in the hallway that would startle me too. Even though my attempts at neurofeedback were not a success, I believe it was due to flaws in how it was administered to me.

All of that to just ask you, How exactly is neurofeedback supposed to work? How did you "do" it? Any insights you have might be useful if I decide to do it again.

Some interesting things that they did tell me was that my brain waves looked like either a pot head or someone heavily into meditation, like a monk. While I was meditating at the time, I was nowhere near at the level of a monk and I was not smoking pot. It felt like the guy was accusing me of hiding my supposed use of marijuana. Also, I feel asleep a couple times. They are supposed to jiggle the door knob if they see from your brain waves that you are alseep. However, in my case, it did not show up on the system. They said I did not produce the theta waves that are characteristic of sleep. I never figured out what that meant.
BoBoPeeps is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
KYWoman