Thread: ADD returning?
View Single Post
eldub

Member Since Sep 2018
2 hugs
given
Default Sep 23, 2018 at 07:41 PM

Hi, thanks for your post.
I have had similar problems. I've been unemployed for three years and the whole time I've been procrastinating horribly at times. I have also been getting my own substance abuse under control, 1 year and a half clean now though, but still haven't been able to get a job. I want it so badly yet I find myself prioritizing other ridiculous things in the moment when I could actually help myself.
Now this week I'm going to try start a part time job, no not my dream job but I want this desperately. The difference for me now is I have been seeing psychologists who have helped me a lot with my generalised anxiety. I think the decreasing anxiety has also had an impact on my add, as I really don't go well with pressure (most of all my own expectations I find crippling) and with less stress and less emphasis to myself on that "it must be done" (even if that's true) has opened up my focus and self esteem.. at least for the time being.

It sounds like this is a massive thing for yourself, I don't know how useful this will be but perhaps try not to beat yourself up over not being able to focus. I know that is much easier said than done, but we're only human! In fact I admire that you were able to control your symptoms with good diet, even if it's not working as well at the moment. Don't give up!
eldub is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Quanticia