Thread: Impulse Control
View Single Post
Mabusfid999

Member Since Sep 2018
Thumbs up Sep 23, 2018 at 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyromaniacalKitten View Post
Hi, I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong group, I wasn't sure where else to put it.

I was hoping to talk to others with impulse control disorders. I have pyromania, and though I've been clean for a few months now (7! I'm very proud of myself!) I've been getting strong urges again that are very hard to resist.

What are your experiences with impulse control dificulties? And does anyone have any tips to help resist the impulses? Personally, I've locked all my lighters and matches and other firestarters in a safe that only my friend knows the combo for. My current problem is with the gas stove and the fact that i can buy more lighters a block from my house for 50 cents.

If there is a more appropriate place I should have posted this, please tell me! I'll delete it as soon as possible and post somewhere else.
Thanks for your posts. This is not a most discussed subject anywhere. I will do my best to help. Doing what you're trying to do by looking up your matches. Good work. My suggestion is to watch a YouTube video called Pyromania. It is an education video. Myself has served nearly 10 years for 10 Arson Convictions in and out here in Canada. From 91-2004 I was in and out of jails and penitentiaries for setting fires. My last stretch was a sentence of nine years (01-10) for a hotel fire. Rage was my motive. I was put on trial for my life on something called dangerous offenders law similar to the United States three strikes law. Don't let it get to that point.
Mabusfid999 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LucyD