View Single Post
nj_hi

Member Since May 2018
1 hugs
given
Default Sep 24, 2018 at 12:27 AM

Conditions are getting worse.

My mother is shouting herself hoarse sometimes, or sometimes just sits and counts her rosary. She has become paranoid about voodoo magic. She considers every action taken by everybody in the neighbourhood as a voodoo magic done on us, to kill us or do us extreme harm.

Yesterday there was a festival function in our area and people give free food to others as a token of faith in God in this festival. I couldn't bear to go. So we just sat there in our house, while all the festivities were going on. After a few hours, the person who had organised the function came up to hour house to offer us the food also. It was a good gesture. He and another man (another neighbour) asked me why I had not come to attend the function and told me to come and attend it now, at least. I couldn't and did not go. After they left, my mom ate some of the food (we were not hungry since we had already had dinner) and became humble about the people. But in only about an hour she started cursing the people again. Today she went to the person's house and told him and his wife off for coming to our use and giving us the food. She shouted a bit at them, and then came back to our home and sat down to count rosary again. Then, after a few minutes, she started shouting herself hoarse at another woman in the neighbourhood who was talking with those people. She shouts so badly that I get cold hands and feet. She shouts bad curse words like ***** in our language to the other ladies.

I am now getting scared and what will happen if this continues. Should I take some action or just continue with my current vigil of trying to establish peace and harmony in my and my mother's life?

If I should take an action, what should I do? Should I go and consult a psychiatrist? I have already done so, and he told me that he could do nothing if I can't bring her to his office. But she won't go. False pretences won't work because even if I make her go with me on my scooty to his office, she will come back herself. She won't go and talk with him. I have already tried this too, and at that time she had agreed and we were sitting in the lobby of that psychiatrist, when, seeing the other disabled people there, she became scared or sad and told me that she won't see the psychiatrist and we should go back. I had no choice but to agree with her because otherwise she would have created a big scene there, and even after that, she would not let me live with her in peace if I tried to force her to go and see the psychiatrist.

The way things are going, I don't think that we will be able to survive this in one piece, so to speak.

I have seen my mother alone, lonely, hurt, crying, sad, sick, tired, depressed, discouraged, trying to fight, working hard, in tension all my life. No one has ever helped us. I think that seeing her in a mental hospital will break me. I won't be able to stand it.
nj_hi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna