Wanderlust90
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2015
266 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 24, 2018 at 03:02 PM

Hi all,

I have been smoking cannabis daily for 5 years now and it's been 3 days since I last used. I'm feeling restless and agitated, but exhausted and depressed all at the same time. My mind races and it won't stop. I'm becoming increasingly overwhelmed and I can't relax.

I've tried hot and cold showers and running. I've tried loud and gentle music but I've heard unintelligible voices in the music. I've tried meditation but it almost made things worse as I start to focus on how my body feels and that's not very pleasant right now. I have a headache, I'm nauseated, have no appetite, I feel weak and can't sleep. The physical stuff I know is likely just withdrawal and will pass but my thoughts are scaring me. I've tried to quit before but used alcohol and benzodiazepines to calm me down and eventually started using again. To be honest I never believed cannabis could result in a withdrawal syndrome until I experienced it myself. I also have a history of methamphetamine abuse (ice). I'm shocked that cannabis has proven to be more difficult to overcome than that insidious drug, but I suppose the negative outweighed the positive 10:1 after 3 years of regular use (not daily).

I'm looking for other tips to calm my mind and body?

Have any others had a similar experience when trying to quit smoking cannabis?

Thanks in advance.

Hugs from:
bshaffer836, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky