Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
665 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 24, 2018 at 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOffTrack View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. There's just something about dogs that makes losing them especially sorrowful and difficult to accept. Maybe it's because their love is so pure and they don't hold back in giving it to us. They spend their short lives wanting to please us above all. It seems so unfair that they should have to experience death and sickness.

What's your other pup's name? And, wow...two 15 year old dogs? That's exceptional. Do you have any tips for longevity? Do you do anything special?

I'm going to go over to check out Dodger's FB page. Give your furbaby some love for me. Thanks for sharing.
Hi! My other dog is Patch. He also has a FB page (Patch the therapy dog)

I had them both for many years. Patch had a hard time with the loss too. I devoted my life to them. Like some parents give everything they can for their kids, I did for them.

I made sure to walk them every single day, no matter how cold it was. I was always making sure they were healthy and bringing them to the vet. Did a lot of home cooked foods/treats as well as high quality kibble.

I've truly no idea, I am just really blessed. Typically huskies live around 10-12 years. Granted these are both mixes but still.

Patch is 15 right now, he will be 16 in May.

Thanks for liking my page for Dodger!

Hugs from:
WayOffTrack

Thanks for this!
WayOffTrack