View Single Post
DanceEngine7

Member Since Aug 2017
8 hugs
given
Default Sep 27, 2018 at 08:17 PM

Three years ago I had an ultrasound due to very heavy periods and a uterine polyp was shown. I was told to have surgery to remove it. I am in my late 40's and have been having heavy periods for years now. It seems to gradually get worse year after year after turning 40. I ended up having a D&C because there were little polyps everywhere. After surgery my first period was back to normal! I was so excited! Then the next month after that they were back to heavy bad!!

So the past three years it has been awful. I started taking Tranexmic Acid which does help some to reduce flow. I was also told by doctor to get an ablation. I would like to but I don't like being put to sleep. It took me a week to recover from anesthesia! 3 days after surgery I still could barely stand long enough to take a shower! Surgery wise I felt like I didn't even have surgery, it was the recovery from being put under (and its not even general either!)

I just had another ultrasound and was told I have fibroids and possible polyps now. MY options are
1. have a uterine biopsy done in office and then go from there
2. have fibroids and polyps removed in surgery.
3. have fibroids and polyps removed along with an ablation at the same time.
4. look into a hysterectomy.

Since I hate being put under I first told doctor I would do the biopsy. she told me to take 3 motrin and that its not that bad. So I went online and 95% of what I read about uterine biopsies is scary! most say there were screaming and they will NEVER do it again and can't belive they were not put under!!
So now i am thinking about just having the surgery and the ablation. Scheduling is just a pain with my work.

Any suggestions?
most seem happy with the ablation. I could finally have my life back. no more iron pills and being exhausted all the time from too much blood loss every month. but I did read something about if you have an ablation you have a better chance of having a hysterecomy later down the line and you can't have biopsies done in the future even if you need one because the lining is burnt out?
help
DanceEngine7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
possum220, StripedTapir