Quarter life
Elder...and a bit Older
Community Liaison

Member Since Nov 2013
371 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 29, 2018 at 07:17 PM

Working toward a soft place to land financially is most definitely a worthwhile goal.....And an absolutely beautiful feeling when achieved. Starting with the tough stuff small is a prudent way to go IMO. Making a lists of needs and wants will put your current finances into perspective....it's easy...everything on the want list takes a back seat. Even our need list can be whittled down, it's amazing what we can live without when we can see the end picture.

Many years ago I had nothing...not even a place to live. However I started working on small goals, and kept building on them. Some weeks I could only afford to save $2... But I made a rule that I must put something aside into savings every week...no matter how small.

I also learned early that credit cards are the bank's way of telling you that you can't afford something ....get rid of them....you can get yourself a low interest card for emergencies later down the track. Meeting our obligations and paying off debt isn't fun...but factoring in these financial anchors early into our long term goal will relieve stress and allow for a more realistic outcome.

Nothing worthwhile is easy...and it can take some time to start seeing long term results. But that homeless destitute girl that I once was now owns her second home and is 100% debt free. She still makes wants and needs lists, and saves her loose change...as she knows too well it feels like to have nothing.

I support your efforts 100% Aviza...just keep chipping away with the long term goal in mind...you will get there.