View Single Post
KeepingPace

Member Since May 2012
15 hugs
given
Heart Sep 30, 2018 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgeto View Post
I was just prescribed Adderall because none of the antidepressants work for me but I'm afraid to take it. It's sitting here but I heard to many horror stories. I've read about to many lives that were ruined taking it. Even if you only take the recommended dose I heard it effects your brain and changes you. Also your relationships everything. Please tell me more about this. I hate feeling lower than a snakes belly but there has to be something for me. Help
- If you have been prescribed Adderall by a qualified doctor, then you might consider taking it. There are meds that I don't want to take because I have a "hunch" or hinky feeling not to; or I am afraid I'll just be going through the same old story of the new drug not working and I am back to square one.
As for Adderall affecting your brain and your relationships- hasn't depression all ready done that to you? It has pretty much ruined the life I might have had.
If you are seeing a therapist perhaps they could help walk you through trying it- or you can take one of the on-line surveys for depression today and while you start the initial dose, to sort of keep track if you are improving or not.
Adderall is not heroin- it should not get you hooked right away; it shouldn't make you "high" but it very well may make you feel better, or at least more functional ( my own personal experience)
It is good that you are wary of a drug and are checking out the information you can find.
I would guess it depends too on your basic health, if you don't suffer from any heart issues, etc.
I hope this helps a little. My guess would be if you don't have any history of drug abuse you probably won't have any issue with adderall.
But that is just my own unprofessional opinion. I would be interested in seeing how it works for you.

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky