View Single Post
lors

Member Since Mar 2014
Default Sep 30, 2018 at 08:48 PM

It's been a while since I've visited here but I just got into something new that I think helps a lot: Qigong

Qigong is a Chinese movement and breathing exercise that's said to promote health, relaxation, conditioning. A lot of the moves remind me of Yoga, to be honest.

Granted, there are a lot of versions and the one I'm doing by Shifu Yan Lei is a bit more strenuous and takes a bit of coordination. It also seems closer to martial arts.

You can of course choose the right one but yeah, Qigong, Yoga, Tai Chi etc...all help in strengthening the mind-body connection. They also give us exercises that aid in calming the mind and slowing things down.

The daily routine for Qigong is about 30-40 minutes total and I find that I finish it feeling refreshed and energized, like I had a really good night's sleep.

I've only been doing it for over a week but I feel a general improvement in wellbeing and I'm already starting to feel the need to do it daily - which is pretty soon for a new routine. That tells me my body wants to do it and therefore, that it is good for me.

I definitely recommend it to everyone. My mom is doing another version of Qigong and she's 73 so you don't have to be perfectly fit.

Cheers!

And remember, you've made it this far, you'll get through this.
lors is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous40258