nj_hi

Member Since May 2018
1 hugs
given
Default Oct 01, 2018 at 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
Bumping this thread up, and checking in to see how you are doing
Thanks, unaluna. . Some days its fine, most days its very difficult to live with her. The days when its fine are those in which I am able to calm her down using a variety of techniques, like, talking to her with a positive attitude, agreeing with whatever she says, putting on some songs so that the atmosphere is better in the house.

But, to all my efforts, she only remains calm about 20% of the time. The rest, either she is raving like mad or preparing to fight with me.

I know that it would not be a good thing to sacrifice my life for someone who is not in their right state of mind, but that's the point, I'm trying to have a balance between my own life and her's, but its true that till now I haven't been able to achieve that.

For one, she is willing to do work but her concentration levels are very low. She is not able to put enough time in work. So that's not an option.

Apart from all the above, my own personal problem is that I am confused. I am confused between whether she is right or wrong, whether I would do right or wrong by sending her off to some care unit.

There is a good new that I contacted one of my aunts a few days back and asked her for help. She said that she there is a way, some government venture called "nari niketan" (means Women's House) that would be good for her. She told me to come talk to my grandfather and her together so that we can start some official proceedings on sending her to the "nari niketan".

But again, I'm confused. Is this some bad planning by my grandfather against his eldest daughter (my mother) again? Talking with him certainly always makes me feel that way. Because he has always been so bad to us. I remember, my mother used to beg them to pay my school fees when she couldn't pay it, and only sometimes, but her father and mother behaved like well behaved animals at that time. Why did they do that? Because they did not want to help my mother. They wanted to see her alone and friendless, and that's what she has become now. They methodically segregated her from all family and friends, one by one. And what's more, they put the blame of this on my mother herself.

That's why I am unable to believe in those people. But, apart from them, I have no one who is offering to help.

On the other hand, what my mother says sometimes feels too true, because, although her stories are quite far-fetched sometimes, the basic meaning of what she is trying to say is always right. For example, she had forbidden me to talk with one of my friends, who lives with his mom and dad in the same apartment. And after a few months it did turn out that the people had not had the best intentions at heart for me. Not though I expected any, but they showed their true colours when I stopped talking with them. I don't know what is going on here, I am highly confused. But my main argument here is that, well, she could have told me quietly and sensibly about those people, she need not have gone through months of drama to end that friendship. Or maybe it's only her drama and those people never had any bad intentions? From what little I have said above, can you tell me what's going on? Because I am getting very confused.

She says all people around us are here to do us harm. Now that's far fetched. I tell her that we need to live our own life and forget about other people. But the tiniest of noises from the surrounding people awake the devil in her. She starts beating things, to the verge of shouting out loud. She has become paranoid, IMO. I told her so.

My main problem is that my work is getting affected very much. I am not able to work. I get discouraged by her attitude and thus not able to work. I get distracted by her constant shouts and noises she makes and sits there chanting her rosary. I will loose all my work this way.
nj_hi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna