View Single Post
Jaredlu

Member Since Aug 2018
Frown Oct 03, 2018 at 06:28 AM

Not sure if this is the right category but since it affects my self-esteem, here goes...

Late 20's woman here. I have never been diagnosed with anything, apart from OCD. I feel quite normal. But sometimes I find it really hard to THINK. Math in school was a nightmare. Sometimes when someone is explaining something to me, I can actually feel my brain halting and the information passing through my ears. I suck at telling stories and keeping conversations, because I compose the most uninteresting sentences. I forget facts, books, movies - I have an abstract idea of what it was about, but if you ask me to resume it for you - I will sound like that stupid Bimbo stereotype. And the worst thing - I often mess up stuff at work because I didn't think everything through - literally.

It's different when I sit to write - maybe that's why I avoid conversations over the phone or face to face. But my social life is suffering - people probably think I'm insanely boring, inept or... well, stupid.

I don't think I'm an intellectual or something, but... any way I can at least elevate this feeling of utter stupidity?
Jaredlu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Albatross2008, Anonymous43949, Skeezyks