View Single Post
Anonymous48672
Anonymous48672 has no updates. Edit

Default Oct 04, 2018 at 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinglady View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.
Thanks Travelinglady.

I just found out yesterday that y cat died from diabetic ketoacidosis -- untreated feline diabetes. I didn't know she even had diabetes because her regular checkup bloodwork didn't show that her blood sugar levels were off.

So I feel even worse now, knowing that had I caught her diabetes early enough I could have sought insulin shots and tablets to treat her condition with, along with a total diet change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynedough View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. You obviously took great care of her, for her to reach the age of 18.

It's good that you're remaining open to the idea of getting another one or two.
Thanks jayne. I did take great care of her, until she developed diabetes but unfortunately I didn't know her symptoms were from the diabetes until it killed her. Now that I know, I worry about how I would prevent diabetes from happening to any cats that I would adopt in the future.

I feel jut terrible knowing I could have saved her had I figured out her symptoms were from diabetes. I thought that her symptoms leading up to her sudden death were just due to her age; frequent urination, weight loss, etc. b/c older cats lose weight. I had no idea her body was not metabolizing the glucose in her canned cat food anymore that led to her getting feline diabetes.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01, yodakitty5

Thanks for this!
Buffy01