View Single Post
Tucson
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
16 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 06, 2018 at 11:03 AM

My weight is 172 pounds. Today I will stipulate that my earlier shortfall of calories have been met by yesterdays overage. I am going to exercise today. I have measured my body fat with a caliper. Earlier, using photos on the Net, I had determined it to be about 20%. I am now using the Jackson Pollock 3 “point” method with the caliper. The more “points” that are used on the body, the more accurate this method is. For any more accuracy. I would require another person to help me. The percent body fat calculated in this way is 21. I think body fat measurements are more useful than tape measurements of the body. My $5 caliper with some practice makes this doable.

For my particular case, I think this figure is a bit misleading. I do have a comparatively small measurement of fat at my thighs. However, most of the fat is in my abdomen, and the rest at my chest area. The problem is that Risperidone has arificially increased my breast size. I think this is causing erroneous results when the model of a man is used in the calculations. The Jackson Pollock 4 point method does not use a chest measurement. However, I now need the help of another person.

Last edited by Tucson; Oct 06, 2018 at 02:29 PM..