View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Oct 06, 2018 at 02:31 PM

I barely exercise at all nowadays, and when my psychiatrist and therapists have mentioned it these past years, I have growled at them silently. It is one of the "self care" tasks I've struggled with most in recent years. Why? There are various reasons that are difficult to explain. Maybe someday I'll try. I haven't always been against exercise. Just the contrary. In my youth, I took up to 8 dance classes per week after school, and even exercised at home. [I was training to become a ballerina.] I was in the best shape of anyone in my class, or maybe even school. I continued exercise regularly into my 20s, at some points walking many miles per day. I could also dance at clubs and other dance venues for hours at a time, sometimes until 3 am when everyone else was mostly gone. I could have won dance marathons.

In my very early 30s, my friend and I trained for her annual Walk for MS events three to four days per week for months walking between 4 and 12 miles per day, after work and on weekends. Nowadays exercise is the occasional walk with my hubby, or just running numerous errands.

What type of self care do you struggle with most, if any?

Hugs from:
beauflow

Thanks for this!
beauflow