Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2011
65 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 06, 2018 at 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmascarol View Post
I am totally exhausted I cannot seem to get more then two hours of sleep at night. Most of the night I sit up in my rocker and I try to doze off there but I cannot. So I do some knitting. What else can you do at 1am? I am at my wits end the doctors know I cannot sleep but they wont give me anything. It just seems like I am so wound up at night. I wish I knew how to stop it but I cannot. I need my sleep cause if I dont get it my entire body is a mess. Like I have trouble with walking because I am so tired. I dont know why this happens but it is a big pain in the rear. How does anyone here cope when they lack sleep?
After my dad passed away 2 years ago, I also found myself struggling to sleep. I had been one of his primary caretakers during 6 weeks of in (his home) hospice. I feel very fortunate that my doctor prescribed low dose zolpidem. Because I was recently diagnosed with a thyroid disorder, the insomnia actually became worse for awhile and I now take a slightly higher dose. I am finding that I'm beginning to sleep better now that my thyroid is getting stabilized. For many nights, I kept calmly repeating a mantra to myself - "Sleep is good. It is ok to sleep". It might be of benefit to you to see your doctor to rule out medical issues that could be affecting your sleep patterns.