healingme4me
Perpetually Pondering
Community Liaison

Member Since Apr 2013
4,168 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 09, 2018 at 07:12 PM

Great start to a thread! Can you link in from your other thread so that the totality of the discussion shows?

I grew up in the middle class but I would say there's a mixture of upper middle with lower middle in my family lines.

When I divorced with 3 kids in tow, I hit rock bottom and have stepped up slowly but surely. When I have expressed summers of handwashing clothes in the tub, although I maintained rent, I literally had no cash to do laundry. I mean the child support ceased for a couple of years sooooo....

I have earning potential so, it's been a combination of advancing when opportunity presented itself and using a budget app and going without.

I live in a poverty stricken community and this is actually a topic of interest to me.

The thing about charity is such that yeah it's kind but it's awkward as well. For instance, Thanksgiving. Do you know how many people either don't eat turkey or don't like it? But yet.......it's one of those things that arrive in overabundance around next month...

Financial Insecurity is interesting as well. I used this expression recently but I never returned to say that I think I was misunderstood. It's about living paycheck to paycheck or not knowing if another check is coming or being trapped into a less than ideal job because it's about keeping food on the table or a roof overhead and needing to tolerate situations is stressful in a most unhealthy way.

Anyways. I hope this evolves into something great.

Thanks.
healingme4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
cptsdwhoa, MickeyCheeky