Tucson
Grand Magnate

Tucson Relieved there is a tomorrow!

8 yr Member
16 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 10, 2018 at 02:59 AM

11,041 steps. Exercised 4.4 miles with a few stops along the way for five to ten minutes. I have burned 493 calories. This makes for a target of 2693 calories. I have consumed 2739 calories. This is good enough for me. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning.

@UpDownAround:

I do not remember giving you a link to this calorie calcukator using MET values for both walking and running, even allowing for an upgrade of downgrade. I have been using this for my calories burned. You will get inflated amounts unless you specify that you want “net” calories instead of “gross” calories. You do not specify MET values for this calculator, for it calculates this value itself as a side effect.

ExRx.net : Walk / Run Metabolic Calculator

Also I can calculate a correction factor for your metabolic rate. However, as you have said in the past, your metabolic rate had slowed down. So this factor may not be applicable to you. This factor may for you be less than one. This means the calculated calories may be less than what is normally calulated using MET values specified for a particular activity. I think this may be true for you. This factor remains the same for you in all MET calculations. This may be worth a try.

Just take the MET value for your activity, multiply the MET value by your weight in kilograms. This represents the calories burned in one hour. Then from there calculate it for your duration of the activity. This is very simple. There is a website that gives MET values for literally over one thousand activities. I believe the values have been verified. The correction factor can make for more accurate results which is a simple as using this value to multiply with the calories obtained from the MET calculation.

FWIW

Last edited by Tucson; Oct 10, 2018 at 03:22 AM..