View Single Post
MJLouise

Member Since Oct 2018
78 hugs
given
Default Oct 10, 2018 at 03:27 AM

been there- when my kids were little I was completely stable, on meds in therapy doing great. I had a 1 and 2 year old and was certified for daycare. I've never harmed a sole in my life- im not a rager even when depressed im more of a cryer. I've always watched and been great with kids. It was on a military base i worked in daycare and a friend of my husband had a party we went to. My husband accidentally said "oh I forgot you can't drink it will mess with your lithium right?" and I got looks from everyone. We ended up leaving the party. The next day two people from the party who had preschoolers at our daycare pulled their kids out. They said it wasn't me that they were putting them in the public school pre-school that's free but i knew. the timing told it all. They never called us again to hang out. Even though not drinking youd think would be a good thing and for our daycare it was supervised and I was working with others. I dont tell anyone anymore no one not even my friend who is open about her bipolar knows ive been diagnosed too. I just dont want it out there. I worked the last 5 years part time teaching art class at my kids private school their friends parents are like family too me. they know i have anxiety because not only i s that a bit harder to hide its a good cover for when im not acting right or cant go out or need to bow out of things. I think anxiety is way more accepted. It doesnt help when the news blasts stories of moms drowning their kids and mentally ill people being the cause of mass shootings. 99.9 percent of us are not like that. Long story to say I empathize- totally know the stigma.
MJLouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32451, BeaTrue, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote