View Single Post
UpDownAround
Magnate

Member Since Jul 2017
493 hugs
given
Default Oct 10, 2018 at 08:23 AM

@Tucson - Thanks. I did a lot of "regular" walking over the weekend and have still been winging it to a large degree. these days I just look at total steps and if it is a high number, I figure miles, subtract one, and the use 3 mph for the amount of time it would take for the rest and log that.
I haven't been able to paddle for a few days and won't be able to for a few more at least, so my primary exercise these days is treadmill (actually switched to ARCTrainer; very similar but with better burn) and circuit training at PF. That is another can of worms; it is very difficult to determine which of some widely varying numbers to believe. The ARCTrainer says I burn about 12 calories a minute with the settings and speed I use; I log 8. I log 200 for 30 minutes of circuit training.
I have a TRX clone ($20 on eBay) at home and do a few minues here and there on it and don't log it.

This is what a TRX is (if you went to PF, you probably saw some):
YouTube

That was a really good purchase. I use it in conjunction with a pull up bar, which gives me a good place to hang it.

EDIT - I plan to start doing more of a structured routine like this on the TRX. When I start doing that, I will log it.

|And in the end it's only round and round
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|bipolar II, substance use disorder, ADD
|lamictal, straterra
|

Last edited by UpDownAround; Oct 10, 2018 at 08:54 AM..