View Single Post
Emotionlessinohio

Member Since Oct 2018
Default Oct 10, 2018 at 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apester View Post
So my husband is a highly emotional person. He is struggles in and off with depression and is generally a sensitive person. For most of our marriage I've been able to help and support him through his mood fluctuation while not taking them on myself but recently I've lost whatever emotional shell I had that protected me from taking on too much. I've been struggling myself lately with anxiety and low levels of depression so when he's feeling depressed my anxiety and depression skyrocket. Neither of us have any real friends or family to turn to for help. I can't talk to him about this since it would just make him feel worse but how am I supposed to help him cope when I'm having trouble coping myself?
I am in a little bit of this situation also. My husband is bipolar and depressed. I have no friends because I have put my whole life into him and our children. I have given him as much support as a person possibly could, but now because of certain circumstances, I have nothing left to give, but I have to put on my fake face and be his wife (not that you are in this situation) but I have no friends to talk to.... so I have turned to this secret site. Right now my way to cope is to not care and I don’t like feeling like that. Our son is also bipolar and I see him taking after his father and it scares me to death. I don’t want to be emotionless with my child. I also have a problem with anxiety. When it gets bad, it feels like someone is strangling me at times. I have to do this secret site because if I went to any type of therapy or support group, my husband would make it all about him and what he’s doing wrong and then mope around the house. He is so pleasant to other people and so pissy with me and our children. It’s getting hard to stay quite.
Emotionlessinohio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote