View Single Post
Hastings101

Member Since Oct 2018
Default Oct 15, 2018 at 01:53 PM

Hello. I'm new here, looking for a little advice and support for a situation with my spouse.

My husband and I have been married a little over two years and he's a wonderful man, but about three months ago, he started what I see now was a spiral downwards. He's struggled some with depression and anxiety and in anger management. He's tried counseling (which he grew frustrated with) and he's seen several psychiatrists and been on a variety of medications. They finally found one that worked, but it caused him to gain 10 pounds, which is a BIG trigger for him. It's sent him into a real depression. He's also got a lot of other stress at the moment.

The last three weeks or so have been awful. Arguments are an almost nightly occurrence. He's broken several items (and our oven door). He's never physically hurt me and I don't believe he would but it still scares me. He also seems delusional. Much of his focus is on my family. He's convinced I love them more than I do him and that my loyalty is to them. He's convinced they don't like him (not true). He also has recently started insisting that I was molested or abused as a child and blocked it out -- something I would never believe. He's preoccupied that he has to "win" against my sister and her husband. They're not even aware there's any problem. He comes across as completely irrational when he gets like this, which makes it hard for me to talk to him. And he gets frustrated easily -- expects people to read his mind. He jumps around all over the place in conversation and then speaks vaguely and if you don't pick up on exactly what he's saying, he loses it. Says no one "gets" him.

All this is causing major stress in our lives and relationship. I love him but I'm at a loss for how to help him. I'm trying to get him in with another psychiatrist. Also setting him up with a dietician to help him get the weight off. I'm doing everything I can think of. Yet I feel like we're building to a crisis and I'm at a loss.

Has anyone been in a situation like this?
Hastings101 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks, Travelinglady