View Single Post
connect.the.stars
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2014
769 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 18, 2018 at 02:52 PM

Hi Travelinglady. I'm sorry to hear that you are having knee problems and are still waiting for surgery. That must be super frustrating. Hang in there!

I was lucky enough to have my surgery scheduled within 3 days of my injury. The recovery time for me (judging from the last time I tore my Achilles tendon in my left leg) is between 6-9 months to be able to fully walk and run. 1.5 months has gone by now. It is a slow waiting process. Hopefully you can have your surgery soon and hear from the doctor about your recovery process. Did she mention how long it takes to heal the knee ligament?

I think the first few weeks were more bearable as my friends came to visit me and such. But they have since gone back to their daily lives, which is normal and I don't blame them for it.

I guess you and I are very alike in that our mothers are not super helpful, in fact sometimes oblivious to what we need. When I asked my dad for muscle patches for my back pain (from sitting in bed all day), she threw a complete hissy fit because my dad seemed to pay more attention to me than her.

I guess the best way to support each other is to have a thread for check-ins? It at least helps to know someone else is going through the same struggles. Perhaps having someone to share daily life ups and downs with can help as an outlet when we don't feel comfortable going to others near us at the time being. What do you think?

There is always a sky full of stardust
connect.the.stars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
KYWoman, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky