View Single Post
confused412
Newly Joined

Member Since Oct 2018
Frown Oct 18, 2018 at 07:57 PM

Hello everyone,

I am a wife of a man diagnosed with complex PTSD due to years of physical, emotional, and mental abuse as a child. He is in therapy but feels like he is at a standstill in his therapy and is considering quitting. He feels his therapy is opening up a can of worms he had long sealed off and is now experiencing mood swings, rages, and amnesia. As his wife, I want to support him, but I have no idea how. We are in marriage counseling and our therapist says talking through communication problems is helping him (she is also a PTSD therapist, certified in CPT and EMDR). He does not see it as helpful, and to be honest with you, our relationship has become a lot more volatile since he has been in therapy. Not to the point of physical incidents but I definitely feel like his emotional whipping girl. I am starting to feel like I can't handle this anymore. I feel like the climb is never ending and I will never get over the mountain with him. Today we were discussing his therapy and our progress in marriage counseling and he shut down... his final words being, "maybe its time for death!" I have no idea what he meant by this and when I asked him he replied, I'm done talking and began watching TV, offering no explanation for his comment. Is it time for his death, is it time for my death, is it time for his father's (his abuser's) death? IDK. I am looking for some emotional support in our journey and am looking for possible support groups for spouses of PTSD sufferers. Facebook groups, or local groups in my Pittsburgh area. I have googled it but can only find support for sufferers of PTSD or for military spouses which doesn't really fit my situation. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
confused412 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
cptsdwhoa, may24, Open Eyes, PattycakePancake, Stone92