View Single Post
ChickenNoodleSoup
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2017
1,304 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 19, 2018 at 06:23 PM

I remember recently reading an article or something similar on this topic. I don't remember the exact content, but it certainly does happen and is not as uncommon as you'd probably think. I don't think there's any 'you shouldn't feel this way' in therapy, for either the client or therapist. The T should just be able to deal with their feelings by themselves and not let it affect the relationship to the client, while also ensuring that everything remains ethical and so on.

I'm not sure I'd want to know if my T thought of me that way. It would probably make me feel weird, although I do not think that there's anything wrong about it per se, as long as he doesn't act on his feelings. But I think in certain situations it could be beneficial to tell a client, but that is very situational.

I'd be surprised if my T was attracted to me. While I'm a lot younger than he is, I'm not very attractive, certainly not when I sob uncontrollably like 95% of the time there. As for having random people pop up in your head in sexual situations, that sometime happens, it probably happens to Ts as well. I've probably given it about the same amount of thought as I do with friends, i.e. 'yeah, that's a bit weird, but whatever'.
ChickenNoodleSoup is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LabRat27