View Single Post
LabRat27
Poohbah

LabRat27 has no updates.

5 yr Member
2,354 hugs
given
Default Oct 19, 2018 at 07:12 PM

I'm sure he's thought of me as a sexual person given that we've discussed my sex life and at one point when I was communicating about my shame about my transference he misinterpreted it as being sexual/romantic. And he's expressed the opinion that I'm attractive (not that he's attracted to me, but he said it matter-of-factly while also saying I was intelligent, etc), but I don't think he's actually sexually attracted to me.

I think I would feel kind of betrayed if he felt that way recently? Especially now because this last month or two we've been focusing on my childhood and I'm just starting to remember and revisit stuff from that time and I've been in a very vulnerable and childlike place. Like I've been sitting on the floor with my back against the wall and hugging my knees like I did when I was a kid... it would be pretty f'ed up if he was thinking of me in a sexual way in that context.
And I have very strong parental transference. I want him to see me as a hurt kid he wants to protect, not as enough of an "equal" to be sexually attracted to.

In other situations and points in time I might be flattered if it crossed his mind. I certainly don't want him to think I'm unattractive. But I wouldn't want it to be something he thought about regularly or got distracted by, and I certainly wouldn't want him to act on it in any way. Basically I would want him to keep it to himself.
LabRat27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear