Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
665 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 20, 2018 at 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2.0 View Post
It seems to me that your feelings about women in general (which I don't share but I don't think you are alone in this, on this forum or elsewhere) might be the key to improving your jealousy problems with T or elsewhere. Are you really "happy" with disliking women or finding them "*****es" or distrusting them and avoiding relationships just because they are women? I guess I'd also say that until you said this, I didn't feel this from you in your posts.

Personally I think you could benefit from exploring your negative feelings about women because I think they are not rational and this level of bias is probably getting in your way at work or in life, and it's probably connected to your jealousy over your T's connections with other women, whether you see his interactions or not.

On this forum in the more distant past, I've seen some lack of acceptance with those who are "man hating" or who make generalizations about how men "are". You can't even write the word "****" without it being astericked out. Not sure whether "prick" is banned but I'll soon find out.

I'm not trying to be harsh about how you feel about women, it's brave of you to say what's true for you, but I think like many prejudices and biases, they are harmful to those who adopt them. Back in the days of school desegregation, psychologists found that racial bias was bad for everyone, no matter what their race. I'd really encourage to explore this or consider changing it in therapy sometime.
Absolutely I wanna work on it, it's why I was talking to T about it. It's NOT just with him, I've had this issue with women my entire life. (the jealousy)

I can't help that I've met many terrible women in my life who were horrible to me and got me with the mindset I have. Again though, I never said ALL..... my best friend is a woman. My closest online friend is a woman. Most friends I've had all my life are women..... I know I have this issue and it's why I have a male T. I would have gotten 0 work done with a women... BUT I also know it's something to work on and he is well aware of it, I've been open about it since day 1. I also would like to say not all men are fantastic either, obviously. I've just had better experiences with men in my life overall