View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Oct 20, 2018 at 01:41 PM

Hello Elimatis: I noticed this is your first post here on PC. So... welcome to PsychCentral.

I'm sorry you've been having such a difficult time, especially at such a young age. We here on PC can't offer mental health diagnoses. So I can't tell you whether or not what you are experiencing constitutes Narcissistic Personality Disorder. (Perhaps other members will have some insights they can share though based on their own experiences.)

One thing I have read is that a true narcissist will generally not admit they are in fact a narcissist. And they're unlikely to see the need to change & seek treatment. Any problems they have they tend to blame on other people. So, at least to my non-professional mind, the fact that you have come here to PC concerned about how you are doing suggests to me you may not actually be a true narcissist. But then that is just my own personal non-professional opinion. Of course that's not to say you couldn't have some narcissistic traits. (Many of us do.) But that's different from actually having NPD. Here's a link to an article, from Psychcentral's archives, that goes into some of this:

Can a Narcissist Change? | Bonding Time

One suggestion here would be to take some of the quizzes & tests that are on offer here on PC. Here's a link to the listing of quizzes & tests that are available as well as a link to the narcissistic personality quiz itself:

Psychological Quizzes and Tests

Narcissistic Personality Quiz | Psych Central

It may also be helpful to read through the various posts in the NPD forum here on PC. Continuing to post may be helpful too. I hope you find PC to be of benefit.
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Toughcooki

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, MsLady, Travelinglady