LabRat27
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2018
2,354 hugs
given
Default Oct 20, 2018 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmon77 View Post
I find it surprising that several people find the idea so disgusting. Of course I agree it's icky if a T tells clients about their sexual attraction or brings it into therapy in any way. But it seems natural and inevitable to me that a T might have the occasional stray thought about it. I wonder if the people who think it's gross see their T as a parental figure?
For me it's this. It would be upsetting for me if he found me sexually attractive when he's mostly interacting with the most vulnerable, damaged, hurt, and childlike parts of me. Those things should evoke parental feelings maybe, but the idea of them evoking sexual feelings creeps me out.

During a session early on before he saw that part of me or maybe someday in the future when we're talking more as equals, it would seem natural and normal to me. Not necessarily "to be expected," since I don't think I'm like irresistibly attractive or whatever, but I wouldn't be horrified or anything.

I mean, he also mentioned that his daughter got her PhD, so she has to be older than me. And so I would also kind of expect that he would see me as too young to be attracted to? I'm 23, so I'm not a child, but I don't feel like a "real adult" either.

No sexual abuse in my past, so it's not about that. I mean, I've had a few men who were significantly older than me express sexual attraction to me after i trusted them in friend/mentor/confidante roles, and felt a bit creeped out and taken advantage of and now I'm more wary regarding men's motives, but I feel like that's probably a pretty universal experience for women.
LabRat27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, msrobot