View Single Post
Hastings101

Member Since Oct 2018
Default Oct 24, 2018 at 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emotionlessinohio View Post
I am sorry for all that you are going through. You mentioned that you have a step son. How old is he and how is he doing through all of this. It can be hard on children. I can relate to some of the things that you have said. My husband and I have been married for over 25 years. We have 2 small children and 2 older children. Our oldest child knows of my situation and tries to be here for me, but that’s really all I have. He like your husband feels like I take everyone else’s side... even our children. He’s jealous of our children. I hope that you can find someone to turn to for support. My support is this site because I can’t keep turning to my oldest child... I don’t want to ruin their mind against him anymore than it already is. It is good that your husband is willing to see a psychiatrist. I wish you the best
Thank you. My stepson is almost 8 and it doesn't seem to be getting to him. Much of the arguing happens when he's not with us or when he's in bed. But I know he's aware of problems and that breaks my heart.

I do have a friend I might be able to go to. I used to see a therapist myself for some other issues (like some obsessive-compulsive tendencies that are now under control) but stopped over a year ago. I can't talk to my family because they're part of the problem and I don't want to turn them against him. I've said too much to them already, I fear.

Yes, I'm glad he's willing to see someone. The problem is, he still doesn't trust them and we keep running into ethical and scheduling conflicts. He's convinced my family should be willing to help him and no amount of explaining gets him to understand that, yes, they care. They're just limited in what they can (safely) do.
Hastings101 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote