View Single Post
starryprince

Member Since Mar 2015
288 hugs
given
Default Oct 25, 2018 at 02:48 PM

Being from a different culture is tricky. I'm from a culture where physical abuse wasn't even seen as a abuse. So my grandma was abused and then went on to abuse my mom and my aunt. The cycle ended with my mom, who never abused me because she didn't want me to have a childhood like her. Unfortunately, my grandma (who lives with us) was abusive to me, too. My mom didn't even see it as abuse until I started mentioning that it wasn't right. Now she's more aware.

I, personally, think this is severe physical abuse. You could have died in some of these situations you're listing. I think you said that you're 14? Can you speak to a school guidance counselor or a trusted friend about this? Maybe even a teacher you trust? We care about you on here, and this is an extremely dangerous situation you're in. It doesn't matter if she abuses you out of fear. That still makes it awful.

I highly recommend you think about telling someone about this. No one, especially a teenager, should be in a situation like this.
starryprince is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote