Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2015
1,667 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 26, 2018 at 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking4help4her View Post
I am new here. Dealing with a wife of 10 years who I believe is battling depression. Shes always sad, always crying and its taken its toll on me. She is seeing a counselor. Not a Dr. I was hoping for the latter as she is constantly feeling sad and alone. She thinks noone understands her, and is dealing with trauma she experienced as a teen and father relationship issues. I am a good husband, I try to listen and be there but I am also starting to feel depressed about what our marriage has become. She says she buried these feelings and now that they have surfaced she realizes they have effected her whole life. She is an empath/extrovert. I am her opposite. I try to find the best in any situation even when sad. She has a very negative attitude. She sees everything as terrible. Its hard for me. Im here for support and advice. I worry she may need some sort of medication. She thinks this will not solve the issue but numb it. She is also weary of what the medication would do to her. She says she wants to resolve these issues so it doesn't prevent her from leading a fulfilling life, I am worried about being pulled into a depression myself. This has been hard. Im sure others on this board are dealing with similar issues. Thanks for reading.
I hear you.

Medications: Risperidone-1 mg.daily, Propranolol-20 mg. daily, Gabapentin-600 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., One A Day Vitamins,
LucyD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote