Thread: New To Autisim
View Single Post
TarielHeck

Member Since Oct 2018
Default Oct 26, 2018 at 07:02 PM

So i was at a therapist about a year and a half ago and was told i most likely am an aspie. This is very confusing to me. I have questions but before i can get to them i feel a bit of backstory is needed.

I’m going to start at the beginning of my story. It’s not pretty has many missed chances along with it being a perfect story of those falling through cracks and may trigger some.

When i was a child my ped tried to get me into the glenrose, which is a place for kids to get diagnosed. My dad refused at every single turn. I cant blame him after the issues with my ADHD diagnosis. I got violent to an extreme on the medications they tried. Looking back i really wonder, but i digress. I had issues with being bullied, withdrawing (i always had a book and would rather do that then hang out with kids my own age) i would get along better with the younger kids or those in special needs which often lead to me being ridiculed and mocked. It got bad enough that i was chased up the backstop for the school baseball diamond by my classmates. The school board responded with “she has to learn to defend herself”

I moved schools, things got better for the most part. I still mostly hung out in my own little world. Having wild adventures and at times believing they really happened.
TarielHeck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
88Butterfly88, MickeyCheeky