View Single Post
Restin
Veteran Member

Member Since Apr 2003
1 hugs
given
Default Oct 28, 2018 at 06:57 AM

I was totally shocked to see that i'm a full-blown narcissist. All i wanted was for my inner child needs to be dependent on T and discuss my little girl loneliness for a mother. But I would get angry, shouting, and accusing to T when she seemed rejecting or urging me to grow up and expand. I got rageful because my inner child was terrified of rejection and coercion. Now T has convinced me I'm a demanding, rude, sarcastic, intrusive, control freak like a typical narcissist. OK, so I see this.

I'm the opposite of a sweet lost little girl just searching for a mother figure by friending my T. Instead T informs me that I'm an intrusive, demanding, mean *****. I feel shocked and guilty, and don't know what to do. T says she doesn't hate me because it's therapy. I agree with those posting above that seeing yourself as others see you is the only way to start working on it. It isn't your fault you got narse, because it was your early parenting that did this to you. Psychiatrists explain its a way of defending yourself that needs to be modified into a better way to relate to people so they will be accepting instead of rejecting. A good therapist should be able to deal with you,and me, without excessive judgment, as this narse problem has become a major in society lately. I know, it's really hard to face the guilt and shame, that's for sure.
Restin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
kleanchap