View Single Post
piggy momma
Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2018
70 hugs
given
Default Oct 29, 2018 at 01:11 AM

I have had only one inpatient hospitalization this past April 23-29. It was my first one, and not planned. I had OD'd on whatever i could find. I drunk posted to Facebook and my mom saw my post and called 911. They took me to the first hospital where I was assessed and detained in a private concrete cell with a mattress on the floor. Meals were brought but never eaten. After 2-3 days there i was transferred to another hospital that had an actual psych floor.I was there for five or six days. I saw my shrink a couple times for ten minutes each. He took me off all the medication I had ever known. They did not have any kind of healthcare progress or therapy resources while in the hospital. Also no cell phones, tablets, or smart watches.They basically sucked us of our will to live. I slept day and night. My mom brought me food I'd actually eat,. They basically gave you a safe space to get over what is ailing you and then they boot you without having done any work with you or providing you with appropriate services.

Having said that, I am seriously considering going back the week before final exams. I was able to get such an incredible amount of studying done that week - it was like being on private retreat - just hang in bed and study.
piggy momma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
kecanoe, SlumberKitty