View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,869 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 31, 2018 at 09:14 AM

I’ve come through the horrible family rift in my own mind and am feeling better. I was the only one who made the effort to make peace. That’s how it’s always been. I say ‘in my own mind’ because the act of my niece refriending me and my calling my mother and acting like nothing happened gives me a sense of relief from the extreme depression I suffered this past month over this.

As far as the actual family rift, it is what it is. They truly have no empathy for me. Over something as stupid as a difference of political opinion, they want nothing to do with me. They really did ‘disown’ me and never called me again. They didn’t call for a month, and I doubt they ever would. My mother, dad, and sister truly wrote me off over nothing. That’s how little I mean to them.

My kids were told of what happened because I want their empathy and for them to see the family as they truly are. I have no issues with my kids.

My husband who has no empathy and no traits of ‘defender’ took no actions to help until he had to hear me cry and ***** about it for a month, finally getting through to him about the effort he could have taken to help, which he finally did. So, yeah, I had to manipulate him. But, ultimately that eased my suffering because it got my niece to just refriend me and end this.

It’s unfathomable to me why my whole family didn’t act the way I would think a family is supposed to act, to have said to my niece that unfriending her very emotionally unstable aunt over BS was a bad thing to do and just undo it. But, mine is a truly uncaring, mean family and that’s why they don’t have my back. They really don’t even like me. That’s why.

So, I’m glad that’s over for my sake. I don’t want to get into it with anyone over anything again. I’ll stay away.

It appears that we are at peace. But, really we are estranged. I’ll never forget this hurt.

From here on out, my immediate family will not need to show any empathy to me or defend me because I’ll stay away from conflict.

Hugs from:
Anonymous55879, KYWoman