View Single Post
Parva

Parva has no updates.

8 yr Member
156 hugs
given
Default Oct 31, 2018 at 05:46 PM

I wanted to post this for all of those in this sub-forum as a warning.

My old T and I had a sexual relationship. I'm not going into details, but it destroyed my life. I ended up suing her and her actions were so egregious that her insurance provider was able to cancel her policy and thus not cover her for what she did. She was able to hide most of her liquid assets back into her practice, making a jury trial almost meaningless. She has friends and colleagues on the board, and there was no consequence other than some supervision.

I understand deeply about transferences. I do. But I would caution about the fantasy of a real sexual relationship with your therapist. There will be no one to catch you when it blows up; not the law, not the licensing board, no one. You'll be on your own.

Maybe others have had different outcomes, but these were mine.
-P
PS. I wouldn't have listened to me before I had the affair, either. I would have still done it. No question. Because people did warn me and I didn't listen, and I wish I had.

Hugs from:
Anonymous55498, Capacity, feileacan, growlycat, here today, koru_kiwi, LonesomeTonight, lucozader, LucyD, missbella, mogwai, pluscuamperfecto, precaryous, rainbow8, SlumberKitty, Spangle

Thanks for this!
growlycat, precaryous, rainbow8, Topiarysurvivor