View Single Post
Mountaindewed
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2016
8,762 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 31, 2018 at 07:44 PM

My mom doesn’t want to admit that my brother has a problem. And it’s frustrating. He’s morbidly obese and he hasn’t seen a general physician since he was a teenager. He’s almost 30. My mom has no idea what he weighs yet we have an expensive working scale. My dad died of complications of diabetes. I’m pretty sure my brother has diabetes or is at least prediabetes. I don’t get why she won’t take him to the doctor for a yearly check up that will be 100% paid for by insurance. He sees a therapist and a psychiatrist because he has autism and has OCD. Both are quacks. My mom realizes this but doesn’t want to do anything about it. He slurs his speech and has difficulty speaking. Almost like MS or Parkinson’s or something. I tell her to take him to the doctor to rule out anything physical. Since I have always thought that is what you do first. Her answer is “well, I took him to a neurologist before.” Yeah. You took him when he was 10 and under. What good will that do him now? He had really bad epilepsy when he was a little. Could it be returning?

Every time I mention any of this to her she completely blows up at me. She is so over protective of him but doesn’t want to do anything for some reason. Does anyone know why she wouldn’t want to? Is she in denial or something?

Hugs from:
Anonymous50384, MickeyCheeky, mote.of.soul