Thread: Step 4
View Single Post
1000islandgirl

Member Since Oct 2018
Default Nov 02, 2018 at 10:29 AM

Hi ohmydaisy,

I've read the book by Russell Brand. Remember it's just his take on things. A sponsor should have at least worked the steps to a point past where you are at, however I prefer to have a sponsor that has long-term recovery. I personally think strangers are best. You get close to someone you don't know. I find it easier to share with my Sponsor than a friend or family member.

It isn't stupid that you are doing the steps to better understand. The 12 steps are a way of life really. Regardless of having some sort of addiction or not the steps teach us a better way to live. How to be a better person........Go to a meeting, any meeting. Don't work the steps in isolation. If you are trying to understand for a friend or family member that is addicted to something then you could try an Al Anon meeting.
Go to the source "The Big Book" Alcoholics Anonymous. Many people who are working the steps (even if alcohol isn't there addiction) use the Big Book. Yes the way the book is written seems outdated and old at times but what you should get from it is the core meaning.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Suzanne
1000islandgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote