View Single Post
ColdSlumber

Member Since Oct 2018
5 hugs
given
Default Nov 02, 2018 at 06:16 PM

Ugh, a lot of things. I've been hospitalized a total of three times. The first place I went to was good, but the second place, no bueno. I like the one idea that workers should be pretend inmates for a certain period of time. Give some character- and empathy-building time.

Let us go outside! Ffs even prison inmates get to see the sun. I could see the gym equipment being a health hazard, but the last one I wentto had literally nothing in the form of exercise. We could walk around in circles around the nurse's station, that's it.

Music. Maybe have a room or something that has Pandora hooked up to the speakers where you could build a playlist of something other than elevator music.

And most importantly, maybe a couple rooms with one bed. My first hospitalization I couldn't tell up from down, it was 3 am, and I was certain the guy across from me was gonna kill me. He wasn't, I was just in psychosis. But I ended up attacking him. I would've felt much more comfortable in my own room not having to sleep three feet away from someone I didn't know. Would've been safer for him as well, since I was actually the dangerous one.
ColdSlumber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
BeesWaxCrayon