View Single Post
ColdSlumber
ColdSlumber has no updates.

5 yr Member
5 hugs
given
Default Nov 03, 2018 at 02:24 PM

Well there's quite a few things I dislike about it. I guess I'd always been more of a book learner, and I'm kinda clumsy, so to be messing around with tools all day I tend to goof stuff up quite a bit. Also going from psych to a trade school was kinda rough. People in psych programs tend to be really caring, and trade guys are a little, to be kind about it, rough around the edges.

I guess it just boils down to it's hard. Normally you have four years to learn this stuff, but in my school it's accelerated to two years. Also, it's been rated by Forbes as one of the ten best trade schools in the U.S., so they don't do anything slow. You know that age-old advice, "Honey you're not doing so well in school, perhaps consider a trade?" Wrong. I'm not dumb, and this is still not easy.

I'm looking forward to the money when I graduate though, guys typically start out at a minimum of 15 an hour, and since tradesmen are ageing like mad, a real pay boost is inevitable, especially for the younger folk. I've always been poor, so I'm looking forward to that. It's really the money aspect that's keeping me going, and the fact that it'll be a nice cushy side-gig to get me through my real passion, grad school.

If grad school doesn't work out, this will be my backup, since this two-year degree typically earns more than a psych graduate with a master's. Unfair but that's how the economy works, haha. Supply, demand, but also utility too.
ColdSlumber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote